Thursday, August 20, 2009

Moving On and Moving Up....

Hey hey hey!! I know I have been a little remiss in my blogging duties lately, but life's been crazy to say the least. I won't get into all the specifics because I'll just get all irritated all over again. Just know that ya girl was on the edge, but the love and support you guys give on teh regular brought me back. Of course, God had His hands on me too, guiding me back into the light.

Okay, enough of the sadness. So, my birthday was last week. I turned the big 2-9 and don't know how I feel actually lol. I mean, I know that 30 is literally around the corner for me, which makes me look at where I am now and wonder what this year holds for me. I may not be exactly where I envisioned myself being at this age, but the spot I'm in isn't all that bad. I am finally writing for a living, which was always my dream. It may not be as glamorous as I imagined it would be when I was a kid, but the shit ain't bad either lol. I get to help others learn how to blog, and have gotten so many other great opportunities that I can't complain too much. I have a great son that makes my life worth living. I have you guys, my awesome friends, that make me feel like all of my insanity is kinda cute lol. All in all, life is good.

I titled this blog 'Moving On and Moving Up' because that's what I'm doing literally. I"ve moved on from all of the pain and sadness caused by things out of my control. I no longer am holding onto shit that happened so long ago I barely remember what went down in the first place. I'm letting go of the toxic people that have been poisioning my life and spirit for so long that I thought I was gonna need chemo to get their cancer out of my system. I feel so much better about my life than one would expect me to given the things I have gone through. But, that's all part of being a princess. Sometimes, you have to take the kingdom to war to make it stronger.

I'm moving up because this blogging thing is taking me farther than I could have ever anticipated. I am now a contributing writer for my homeboy AJ Supreme over at ajsupreme.blogspot.com, so be sure to look out for Dominican Princess. I'm going to be doing relationship advice and that sort of thing, which is a little different for me. I'm used to writing about other people like Kim Kardashian and Lil Wayne;s hoe ass, so I look forward to being able to share the things I have learned about relationships with everyone. Now, don't worry y'all. You know I will still be dishing the dirt with EZ Street for http://ezstreetshow.com and working with Radio-One's Internet division, so you'll still get what you're used to from me. I just think that it's good for you to have many layers to your skills. That way, you have more options when you're ready to move on ya know? But, I'm a loyal princess, so I stick by the kingdom I am in, meaning that if AJ, EZ and Radio-One want me out, they're gonna have to overthrow me cuz I'm in for the long haul.

Okay y'all, I've talked a hole in y'all's heads enough for the morning. Oh! Before I forget, I plan to start highlighting my friends' blogs that I love by recommending a link every time I blog. Today, I want you guys to go check out my homegirl Mish Goddess's blog, hiphopgoddess.blogspot.com. This girl is super dope, so check her out and tell her Toni sent you! :) On that note, I'm out!!

Con Todo Mi Corazon (With All My Heart),
Toni

No comments: