Tuesday, July 28, 2009

Some Writings From the Vault....

Hey y'all!! Hope everyone is haveing a great day so far. So, I figured I'd post some of my poetry and stuff on here and give y'all a taste of the other writing that I do. I'm gonna post two poems and this kinda short story thingy I wrote. Please let me know what y'all think of them once you read them.

ONCE UPON A TIME....

Once upon a time, there was a beautiful girl that lived in the heart of the city. She had tons of people in her life that surrounded her with love and support. She was educated, had a great family, and was blessed all the way around. In spite of all this, she felt terribly lonely at times; doubtful of the love she was being given. Unsure as to why anyone would be drawn to someone as imperfect and flawed as she was. Uncertain of the praise she received, she would always find a way to deflect the compliments. She felt that, if she could see all of the scars and imperfections when she looked at herself, so could the rest of the world.

Then one morning, she woke up feeling as if it were the first time she had ever seen the sun. Suddenly, the whole world felt brand new. She looked at herself in the mirror and couldn’t believe what she saw. It felt as if she was looking at herself for the first time. For the first time in her life, she saw what others saw in her. All of the scars she had been wearing on the inside were no longer visible in her eyes and on her face as they had been for so long.

She closed her eyes and all of the words she had been hearing from her loved ones began ringing in her ears. And for the first tine in her life, she believed the words she was hearing. She believed she was capable of all things. She was convinced that she was deserving of the best. Not because she was entitled, but because she had EARNED it.

Now, that girl is proud to call herself a DIVA. She walks with her head held high, no longer allowing the past to weight her down. She has cleared her runway of debris and is ready to walk the clear path she has created for herself....

ADDICTED

I've always said relationships
Weren't for girls like me.
Kick it and quit it was
My motto, my philisophy.
Then you came along and
Suddenly, my whole outlook changed.
Now I'm over here strung out,
Your love flowing through my veins.
Now I'm like a junkie
Feening for another hit.
Never did I imagine I'd
Get hooked on you like this.
I'm strung out on
The love you're giving me.
My body goes through withdrawls
Whenever you are away from me.
This thing we have
Is fact, not fiction.
You're more than my love.
You are my addiction.

I don't understand this feeling.
What have you done to me?
I've never felt like this before.
Being sprung like this just ain't me.
Now I'm over here high as a kite
Thanks to your L-O-V-E.
I got to get you outta my system.
Detox in some sort of way.
It's getting to the point where I'm
Ill if I don't get a fix every day.
Your touch, your kiss
I just can't get enough.
Better than any weed or coke,
Your love is the sweetest drug.
I'm strung out on
The love you're giving me.
My body goes through withdrawls
Whenever you're away from me.
This thing we have
Is fact, not fiction.
You're more than my love.
You are my addiction........

RESPECT ME

Respect my hustle.
Respect my grind.
A better bitch than me
I know you'll never find.
Respect my style.
Respect my skills
Cuz if you won't appreciate me trust
That the next one will.
Respect my feelings.
Respect my heart.
Know that if you hurt me
I'll tear your ass apart.

Okay, that's all for now! I hope you enjoyed what you read. Drop a comment or hit me on Twitter and let me know :)

Besitos,
Toni

No comments: