Tuesday, May 11, 2010

Things Are Looking Up


So much has been going on the past few months, I've barely had time to breathe, much less update you guys, hence this post. So, take a seat and relax while I fill you in.

Of course, firstly, I want to thank everyone that has been holding me up while I dealt with the passing of my father earlier this year. It's crazy to me that so many folks care so much about me. You never really know that until a situation presents itsself to either confirm or deny this. I am truly grateful for all of the texts, phone calls, emails, IMs and tweets I received offering shoulders to cry on and arms to embrace. You guys are truly amazing and I love you for it.

Okay, now onto the business side of things. I went through a funk when my father passed and just totally stopped writing. I just didn't have it in me at that time. Well, your girl is defintiely back in effect now. I just did a bunch of interviews for the May issue of Street Report Magazine that became available Mother's Day weekend. One of the people I interviewed was Trina and I must say, she's a lot cooler than one would anticipate. I also interviewed Rasheeda, the Boss Bitch of The A. She's truly dope and epitomizes the term Boss Bitch. There's more, but you're gonna have to get the issue to find out what :)

Also, I am now doing the entertainment report on my homeboy Hollywood's radio show, The Hangout, on http://www.hollywood-hangout.net/ every Monday thru Friday at 2:30 & 3:30. We call my segment The Scoop and during it, I basically read the hottest gossip stories and me & Hollywood discuss each one after I read it. I also highlight local artists and independents that I think the world need to know about. I really love working with Hollywood. Not just because he's one of my closest and dearest friends, but because I love what we're doing. We even got an exclusive a couple weeks ago that, as soon as I have the audio, I will be posting for you guys.

And where will it be posted you may ask? No, not on here. Like I've always said, this is my PERSONAL blog, so no business goes on here. That brings me to the next thing I got cooking. In about two weeks, your girl will be doing a weekly column called 'Toni's Take' on http://www.hiphopjunkiez.com/ FTW! This is a big deal for me, as I've never had my own column before. Toni's Take will be pretty much a combination and culmination of all of the blogging work I've been doing over the past couple of years. I'll be doing a little of everything in it. Of course, I'll be dishing the hottest celebrity dirt, but on a weekly basis and with my own spin on the news; kind of like a week in review type of deal. Also, I'll be talking about fashion and even giving a little advice, so y'all stay close and I'll let you know once it launches. I'm so excited about this, y'all.

Finally, like I said in my previous post, I'm a member of the IBGC (International Bad Girls Club) and we're taking over the DMV one party at a time. We held our first event, The Bad Girls Takeover, at K. Street Lounge here in DC last month and it was an epic scene to say the least. We're working on making it a monthly thing, so if you couldn't attend don't worry. Likeblood was in the house for our first event, so you don't wanna miss the next one. You never know who you're gonna run into when you're chilling with the Bad Girls :)

My personal life is pretty much the same as it's always been. Dominic is still the only man in my life that means anything, although he's testing the waters a little bit. But, he's a bad boy like his mama is a bad girl, so what else could I expect?

Like the image on this post says, life is about CREATING yourself. I can honestly say that, at age 29, I am finally creating the Toni that I want to be and will let nothing stand in my way. That's all for now, lovies.

Besos,
Toni

2 comments:

CaramelDreams said...

I am 150% proud of you missy!!! I KNEW you could do it and, this, is just the TIP of the iceberg!!!!!

Love
Caramel_Dreams

Toni said...

Thanks, honey! You've always been so supportive, and I truly appreciate it. I hope I don't disappoint!! :)

Always,
Toni