Tuesday, May 11, 2010

The Definition of a Bad Girl


Hey world!! That's right, The Princess is back! *allows applause to end* I know, it's been far too long. After Dad passed, your girl was really messed up for a while, but I'm back and ready to bring you all you missed.

Now, for those of you that have been keeping up with me on Twitter, you know that I am part of a group of women that call ourselves the International Bad Girls Club. We're made up of some of the most amazing women in the DMV. We hosted our first of many Bad Girls Takeover events at K. Street Lounge last month, so be sure you stay close to me to attend the next one. Of course, as with anything, there are some that consider themselves Bad Girls that really arent. So, I'm gonna lay out what I consider the definition of a Bad Girl to be. As always, the statements to follow are my personal views and not those of anyone else.

We've all seen the show Bad Girls Club on Oxygen at least once. Please don't get ti twisted by thinking that what you've witnessed on television is what a Bad Girl truly is, because that's not the case. As with most reality shows, they are the extreme examples and display more of the negative traits than the positive. In real life, most Bad Girls aren't getting into fights every single day and out sleeping with any guy they come across just for some money or some notoriety. That's groupie/basic bitch stuff, so please don't confuse them with real Bad Girls.

Real Bad Girls know how to act. I'm not gonna show my ass at work like you see these chickens doing on tv becuase I have bills to pay and a shopping habit that requires me to stay employed. A true Bad Girl has her priorities in order and isn't going to do anything to jeopardize the lifestyle she has made for herself. She's not gonna act an ass and risk everything, unless there is a highly justifiable reason in her mind.

The Bad Girls I know are all beautiful, of course, but not just physically. They also have beautiful spirits and personalities. They're not the catty psycho bitches that the tv show makes Bad Girls out to be. Bad Girls aren't always bitchy either, shunning those that aren't as 'bad' as them, contrary to popular belief. I know I'm cool with all kinds of people. Not because I keep people around me to make myself look 'better', but because a truly Bad Girl is the type of girl everyone wants to be around and she loves to be the star of the show.

Don't get it twisted though. Although a true Bad Girl may not always be snapping or fighting, she will if she has to do so to protect herself or those she loves. A Bad Girl makes it known from day one that she isn't about the bullshit and the fuckery. If you violate or cross the line, be prepared to feel the full extent of her wrath, whether it becomes physical or not. She stands up for what she belives in and, most importantly, she stands up for herself. She's not afraid to let you know anything, so you can safely assume that if you fuck up, she's gonna make it public knowledge. She's not petty with it though. She will only put you out there if you have done something to corss or offend her, so, like I always say, tread lightly.

Probably the most noticable trait of a Bad Girl that sets her apart from 'regular' girls is that she does whatever she chooses to and asks for no one's permission or acceptance. She lives by her own rules. If she wants to chill with a guy, she does it, but without compromising her own views, values and self-respect. That's where REAL Bad Girls differ from those you've seen on tv. While both do whatever tehy want, the ones shown on tv do so in a tacky way that makes them look like sluts and gold diggers. A real life Bad Girl makes moves in silence. She doesn't have to tell the world what she has or how she got it. She keeps her business to herself, which makes her a trusted individual to have on your team.

I could go on and on on the subject, but I think I've given you enough of a glimpse into what makes a Bad Girl for now. Leave me a comment and let me know what YOU think defines a Bad Girl.

Con Amor (With Love),
Toni

No comments: